Respond to each question using a short answer response.
Remember that each response must be written in your own words.
Refrain from copying and pasting existing the textbook or written works from resources such as Wikipedia or other websites.
Plagiarism of any kind is unacceptable and will result in a grade of 0%.
Embrace your perspective, observation and analysis
Be sure to follow the MLA style formatting by including a header, heading and title.
You may upload a DOC, DOCX, or PDF file.
Do not include questions in your document, only the question number and your response
Double space your document
Each response is worth one point, totaling ten points.
Chapter 3 Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe the significance of the Rosetta Stone.
2. Describe the role of statuary in Egyptian funerary practices.
3. What technical achievements were employed in the erection of the Great Pyramids at Giza?
4. Briefly describe the portrayal of the king on the palette of King Narmer.
5. Briefly describe the purpose for and the layout of the mastaba.
6. How does the form of tomb statues, such as that of Khafre enthroned and Rahotep and Nofret, manifest their purpose?
7. In what context did scenes of the hunt often appear, and why was it an appropriate subject for its setting?
8. What do Hatshepsut’s portraits and images adorning her mortuary temple communicate about her reign?
9. What are the defining characteristics of the pylon temple plan and its layout?
10. What observations can made about naturalism in Egyptian art?