In this project, you will demonstrate your mastery of the following competency:
• Determine the impact of proposed strategic decisions across departments
You work for a global health and beauty company that has decided to move to a strategic focus on the triple bottom line (TBL). TBL means it will measure its success based on people, planet, and profit rather than profit alone. This strategic decision is based on a desire to be true to the company’s mission and vision and because engaging in corporate social responsibility (CSR) will make the company more successful.
The company objective is to transition from its current business model to CSR and TBL in three years. If the company successfully makes this transition, it would be the first in its industry to do so. This would create a first-mover advantage. As part of the TBL focus, the company CEO has asked each departmental manager to conduct a SWOT analysis of how transitioning to TBL will affect their departments.
You work in a rewards/membership product line that offers discounts, special services, and other benefits to customers for maintaining a fee-based membership in the company’s membership rewards program. Now that the CEO has collected the SWOT analyses from all company departments, she has asked you to focus on how the TBL project will impact two cross-functional departments for your product line: marketing and sales.
To allow you to do the analysis she requires, your CEO has provided you with the following documents:
• Her letter outlining the company’s commitment to CSR and its plans for using TBL
• The company’s vision, mission, and values statements
• The company’s triple bottom line strategies document
• Two SWOT analyses: one for marketing, one for sales
The CEO wants you to use this information to create key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure your product line’s progress on meeting the company’s CSR goals.
Your CEO has requested that you develop a memo that outlines the strategic KPIs for TBL in sales and marketing. She has asked that each of the following tasks be clearly communicated in the memo, and that they be addressed in the order given.
1. Develop one strategic question for each element of TBL: people, planet, and profit. These questions should give insights on how to measure the sales and marketing departments’ success in achieving the company’s goals. As you develop your strategic questions, follow these guidelines:
a. Consider how each question relates to your interpretation of the provided SWOT analyses.
b. Consider how each question will help achieve the CSR goals outlined in the CEO’s letter.
2. For your strategic questions, identify key performance indicators (KPIs) of successful strategy development and implementation.
a. Identify at least one KPI for each strategic question you provided.
3. Explain how the KPIs will be measured.
a. How will your KPIs help the company achieve its goals?
4. Identify functional considerations related to TBL.
a. How does the interconnectedness of the sales and marketing departments impact the measurement of TBL?
This memo will be shared with your CEO and other stakeholders. So, please check the memo for spelling and grammar.
What to Submit
To complete this project, you must submit the following Word Document:
A KPI Strategy Memo
In a Word document, use double-spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and one-inch margins. This assignment should be no more than 6 pages in length and should include references cited in APA format.